Détour at the Cannes Festival during a stay in Provence
The 69th edition of the Cannes Film Festival runs from 11 May to 22 May. A pretext to plan a stay in Provence and walk around the Croisette.
Cannes, a Mediterranean city famous throughout the world, enjoys an ideal position between Monaco and Saint-Tropez. A convenient location if you want to visit the surrounding area: Saint Honnorat Island, Fayence, the nine hilltop villages, etc. Every year, the city welcomes multiple film professionals (producers, actors …), journalists or simple curious people; all gathered for this international festival of the 7th art.
Provencal stay under the spotlight
Cannes and cinema, a great love story! Created in 1946 by the writer Philippe Erlanger, the ceremony punctuated by the famous climb of the twenty-four steps of glory is still topical. For this 69th edition, which begins with Wood Society of Woody Allen, the president of the jury will be none other than the director George Miller, to whom we owe in particular the famous Mad Max film series. Laurent Lafite will be the master of ceremony. The Palais des Festivals and Congresses will shine again this year, with the same question on the lips: who will win the Palme d’or 2016?
Events around the Cannes Film Festival
On the sidelines of the official selection, and the many private parties, several events have emerged over time:
- The Film Market, a trade show,
- The Directors’ Fortnight,
- The Critics’ Week,
- The Cinéfondation in search of new talents,
- Un Certain Regard, section dedicated to original films.
Enjoy relaxing at Domaine de Camiole
La Croisette, the spotlights … All this can be challenging! To recover from your emotions, nothing better than to pamper yourself. At Domaine de Camiole, less than an hour from Cannes, everything is done to make you relax. Be zen, we take care of everything:
- You are there like at home, with more comfort;
- At the end of your stay, you can boast of having a spa in Fayence;
- The rentals range from studio to villa. You can therefore decide to travel as a couple, a pretext for enjoying a spa in Fayence in duo; or in groups to benefit from favorable rates.
The Cannes Film Festival, an opportunity to discover or rediscover the Domaine de Camiole!